24.4.12

Episode Nine - What were we talking about...

Show Notes:

Co-host: Johnny Curcio.

I'm really not sure how to feel about this one.  I like that it feels loose, but it also feels a bit more disorganized - coming off the great interview w/ Jen Bresnick, and the dystopia two-fer, it feels very disorganized on my part - but I also feel like we don't quite get our true points across.  By which I mean I don't get my point across.  But this is John's best show yet - so here it stays.

I hope you enjoy, and I remain,

Your Host.


1 comment:

  1. I know this is quite an old episode, so I hope you'll see this comment. I'm behind the times when it comes to your blog.

    I have to say that this episode was fulfilling for me as a listener - I loved the earnest, passionate conversation & opinions, especially in the second half, believe it or not. I found myself wishing I could have chimed in, but alas, I could but listen. Sean, you have always - for as long as I've known you - had the ability to play the Devil's advocate thoroughly yet inoffensively. Thought-provoking.

    I do believe that this episode is the best I've listened to so far. (I confess that I may not have made it through some of the episodes about comic reboots and the like.) This episode, on the other hand, engaged me to the end. I would have loved to have been sitting with the two of you in the APD with an omelet and a fresh coffee refill in front of me listening to this discussion. Please pass the ketchup.

    I would love to hear more episodes like this one. I don't know if you "take requests," so to speak, and certainly not every episode needs to contain heavier subject matter (nor should it), but I would definitely like to hear other controversial issues tackled in an intelligent manner.

    ReplyDelete