17.6.10

Dérive...

Well, that served it's purpose. Normally I'd put a link for the word "that", but the link is gone, the chairs are on the tables and the locks are on the door. "More things change," I guess - even with the strides I've made towards being an adult, I still can let myself have a bridge to the past without longing to burn the bastard to the [water or ground or whatever they've built the bridge over]. The problem, of course, in that we live on a spheroid, so you can only get so far before you're right back where you started wondering who would be dumb enough to burn the only bridge out of town.

So, here I am, my cyber-wanderlust having brought me this far. Another blog, another fresh start, another...whatever. To be totally frank for a moment, I've grown more and more exhausted lately - mentally I mean. Well, put "for about two years" in place of "lately". I'm tired of the irony, the bile, and the snark and the generally pointless mean-spirited nature of...pretty much everything. I'm sick of only having one mode, and I'm sick of having little to show for it. So I've organized some changes, took some chances, and basically tried to unplug myself and let the mental reboot happen. Pull the car over. Fuck this. I'll walk.

I'm turning into a Social Distortion song, and I keep thinking that maybe this time it might work - all of the effort will pay off. People will get the hints I drop, and I'll get theirs', and life can be a bit more smooth. It's probably bugger all, but it's a nice dream. As usual, I have no idea how this will go, or if it will go at all, but screw it - a plan is a list of things that don't happen. But what the hell else am I going to do while I try to unwind after a day at the cube farm?

Which also brings up another point: If you've been reading "Skipping Rocks on the Lethe," you may have noticed two things - one, it has tapered off recently, and two, like EOE, it is no longer there. No, I haven't abandoned it - but if you're gonna burn a bridge, you gotta burn the whole damn thing. It should be back up at some point in the next two week, where I'll be finishing up the first meta-arc. Between adapting to the new work schedule (ha!) and some other projects I'm working on, I haven't been keeping up the pace I had hoped for.

And away we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment