2.3.13

Another portion of the story, more worries...

Well, chapter two is up.  I really hate calling them "chapters" - it seems really silly.  "Chapter One" was meant to be the prolog - it's only 1,588 words long - and "Chapter Two" clocks in at a slightly better 4,264.  I should have called them segments, but, well, it's started so I guess that's where we are.  After rereading the latest entry, I should have given more time to describing the surroundings - I didn't because I'm trying to follow plot and characters, letting each drive the other.  But surrounds are part of character development - the colors, size, adornments - all this stuff has a mental weight to it.  That will have to wait for later, now, I guess.

"Chapter Three" and "Four" both cover the same day, with "Four" probably being just one massive battle scene, with a tight focus on both Garrett and the Fury (her name is revealed in "Four"), while "Three" will go into more of the armor, even though I'm not sure if it's incredibly interesting, I think it's important since the cast spends so much time in the bloody things.  It might come off as a science-faction, but as the story takes place next Sunday A.D. (well, this bit takes place three years before next Sunday A.D.), I'm not really troubled about it.

Also, yes, Quint is gay.  

I'm also kind of nervous about introducing two characters who won't become forces in the plot until later (TJ and Emily).  I think it's a good move - TJ's already played a small part in the first chapter, and is planned for a bigger role later on, but for the first bit he's just sort of there.

So, yes, you'll find out what the Fury's name is before the end of March, and at somepoint in the future you'll find out more about the Bastard.

Thanks as always for reading,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment